BLINDSIDE offers exciting exhibition programming, which provides engaging opportunities for students to learn about contemporary art in a supportive environment. Learn from our Gallery Manager or a member from our Broad of specialised art professionals, we love sharing our ideas about the current exhibition and are able to design our talks to compliment various study areas.
For Primary, Secodary + VCE Students
Our education talks are open for all year levels, inviting students to develop their ability to reflect and talk about contemporary art. Our educational program offers specifically tailored talks to the VCE Visual Arts and Studio Arts curriculum. We are able to enrich the experience with programs customised for specific outcomes within the VCE syllabus – let us know your specific requirements when arranging a booking. BLINDSIDE develops education resources for VCE and studio arts students for selected exhibitions and has room sheets available for every exhibition, to enrich the learning experience of the exhibition before, during and after a visit.
For Tertiary Students
BLINDSIDE offers valuable experiences providing advice on relevant and practical information for those curious in how to get involved and exhibit with an ARI. Covering areas of exhibition applications, funding, writing about art or volunteering. In some instances, it may be possible to have the exhibiting artist(s) present at the time of your tour. Plus, the opportunity to learn about Debut, our annual exhibition showcasing new work by recent art graduates.
BLINDSIDE can cover a wide variety of topics suitable to Arts Management and Curatorial students.
All students are warmly invited to attend any of the public programs, Artist talks, and Professional Development series workshops.
Topics we cover include:
- Artist Run Initiatives (ARI): What are they and how do we work?
- The difference between an ARI's, commercial gallery's and public gallery's.
- BLINDSIDE's exhibition program: How do we program? What do we look for?
- Staging an exhibition: Design, themes and media in the current exhibition.
- The role of the curator.
- Writing about art.
- Advice for emerging artists including how to write an exhibition proposal,
- Arts funding and support.
- Promotion: What are the best ways to reach your desired audience?
- Conservation: What are the considerations for safe handling and display of artwork?
- Our current exhibition: art responding and analysis.
Booking an Education Talk
BLINDSIDE asks a flat fee of $55 inc. GST to cover some of the costs of providing our Education Program. Bookings must be made by emailing the Gallery Coordinator at email@example.com. An invoice will be forwarded and payments can be made via Electronic Fund Transfer prior to your visit. Please make sure to book your talk within gallery hours (Tues – Sat 12-6pm), and at least two weeks in advance.